StudioMD is the premiere skin rejuvenation and laser hair removal center in White Plains.
We simply offer the best laser hair removal service in the Eastchester and Westchester area. We have nearly 10 years of experience with laser hair removal and our laser devices, offer the most effective variety of laser technology, exercise a proprietary safety protocol, utilize nine laser units for hair removal, and stand behind our services.
Most advanced laser technologies and state of the art facilities
Client friendly service offering with free touch ups and payment plans
Complementary consultations and test procedures
proprietary safety protocol
There is no better place to get started than the location of choice for New York's fashion and art communities.
Before and after photos laser hair removal*
Procedure video for african american complexion laser hair removal*
What our Customers Say*
1. The treatment area needs to be shaved to skin level , although a days hair growth may be necessary and helpful so that the area that requires treatment is easily recognizable.
2. You must avoid waxing, plucking, threading or electrolyses of the hair for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment. The laser needs the hair at skin level in order to effectively destroy the hair follicle.
3. Avoid the sun exposure for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment. The lighter skin allows more energy to be delivered to the target. A "skin" bleaching cream such as Hydroquinone may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment in order optimize results. Please consult with a StudioMD technician before such treatment.
4. Be sure that the treatment area is fully washed off and has no makeup, medication etc.
5. Be certain that you are not on medications such as Accutane, Retin-A, Gold Therapy etc, at present or within the past 6 months. These medications, and several others, can make your skin susceptible to damage from the laser. If in doubt, please ask us for a list of the aforementioned medications.
6. Laser treatments for hair are not recommended if you are pregnant.
1. Avoid bathing or washing with very hot water, Use tepid water. Wash gently. Keep the area clean.
2. Do not shave the treated area for at least 4 days after treatment.
3. Avoid any irritating medications or chemicals. Examples of these are Retin-A, Benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid or astringents.
4. Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 3 weeks after treatment. Protect the area with a sunscreen of higher than 30 SPF or else the skin may develop hyper-pigmentation/hypo-pigmentation marks.
5. The treated area may become pink, red, inflamed, or even blistered within 30 minutes and in rare instances last several hours to several days. Regular application of ice, cooling gels, Hydrocortisone or Neosporin is important for relief.
6. Do not wax, pluck, thread or use depilatories for the hair that grows back.
7. After laser treatment, hair may continue to grow out as if it were never treated. Typically this will occur for about 2-3 weeks and then those treated hair will simply begin to fall out.
8. Generally it is best to wait 4-6 weeks between treatments. There is no advantage to scheduling your visits closer together even if you do not see immediate results. The laser only targets hair in the growth phase. The next growth phase is generally in 4-6 weeks.
EFFECTIVENESS: Laser hair removal is proven to significantly reduce hair. In most cases, hair is reduced by 85-90% after six treatments. The lasers we use are FDA approved and have been evaluated as the most effective in peer-reviewed medical journals. These sophisticated lasers target the root of the hair so specifically that they not only eliminate very dark and coarse hair, but are also the most effective lasers for the removal of fine hair and even hair with a light brown root. Click here to reach scientific reports and studies on the effectiveness of laser hair removal.
AFFORDABILITY: We never insist on paying for packages up front, our clients can pay per treatment. We are confident that our lasers' great results will bring our clients back for completion and follow up treatments. Cost is determined by the size of the area, hair type, thickness and other factors. It is best to come in for a complimentary consultation to hear about our prices.
EVALUATIONS and CUSTOMIZATION: Before, During & After: Your safety and satisfaction are our primary concerns. Our laser practioners perform test spots and assess hair and skin types for treatment eligibility. We thoroughly review every client's skin type and hair color to determine customized treatment settings before and during the treatment.
SAFETY: We use patented cooling devices for cooling the skin surface during treatments. That means more comfortable treatments and eliminates the need for topical anesthetics.
TRUTHFULLNESS: No False promises. We explain what works and what doesn't. Our first priority your health and your satisfaction and therefore we educate you about your skin, our services, and the best options to achieve your goals.
CONFIDENTIALITY: Our laser providers and professional staff understand the intimate nature of laser hair removal and are accustomed to addressing our clients' most private concerns. You can rest assured that anything discussed or treatments performed at StudioMD will remain discreet and confidential.